Ice Age: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs

The sub-zero heroes are back. Scrat is still trying to nab the ever-elusive nut (while, maybe, finding true love); Manny and Ellie await the birth of their mini-mammoth, Sid the sloth gets into trouble when he creates his own makeshift family by hijacking some dinosaur eggs; and Diego the saber-toothed tiger wonders if he's growing too "soft" hanging with his pals. On a mission to rescue the hapless Sid, the gang ventures into a mysterious underground world, where they have some close encounters with dinosaurs, battle flora and fauna run amuck - and meet a relentless, one-eyed, dino-hunting weasel named Buck.

I'm usually a huge fan of animated movies. However, I never really got in to the Ice Age franchise. I thought that the first one was pretty good. I thought that the second one could have easily been a straight to DVD sequel. I can't really put my finger on why. It actually bothers me that I don't like these more because like I said before, I tend to always love animated movies with these kinds of characters and humor. This one definitely fell in line with the others. I would say it was better than the second one though. Its watchable and if you are taking kids to see this they are pretty much guaranteed to love it.

I can't really say if I would recommend checking this out. I'm admittedly biased to not being that big of a fan of the franchise. I also saw this in 3D and it is definitely another one of those movies that isn't worth the extra money and what not because there wasn't remotely that big of a difference.