The Collector

The Collector follows the story of handyman and ex-con Arkin, who aims to repay a debt to his ex-wife by robbing his new employer's country home. Unfortunately for Arkin, a far worse enemy has already laid claim to the property – and the family. As the seconds tick down to midnight, Arkin becomes a reluctant hero trapped by a masked "Collector" in a maze of lethal inventions while trying to rescue the very family he came to rob.

This was one hell of a f*cked up movie. It was pretty much like one of the Saw movies with a different killer. If you like those movies then you'll like this one. This killer tortures a family in their own basement and sets up all sorts of traps throughout the house. You've got a series of nails pointing up on the staircase, bear traps in the living room, razor wire crisscrossing in front of the back door and nails in the phone receivers to name a few. Its got tons of gore. The mask on the Collector is freaky. The dude never says a word but scares the hell out of you every time you see him. The only thing that really bothered me about this movie is that they killed the cat. I always get a kick out of how I have no problem seeing fingers get cut off and guys getting disembowled but if you go after the animal - Matty no likey. To make matters worse, this cat looked like my cat. I literally sat there rocking back and forth with my fingers in my ears go la-la-la-la until I was told the scene was over. NOT COOL, makers of The Collector. NOT COOL!

I'd recommend that anyone in to the nasty gory movies like Saw or Hostel go ahead and check this out. Its not a scary movie as much as its an ewwwww fest of human torture. But its a pretty good low budget attempt at an alternate Saw franchise.