Ponyo

Ponyo is a story inspired by Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale The Little Mermaid. Already a box-office success in Japan, the story of a young and overeager goldfish named Ponyo (voiced by Noah Cyrus) and her quest to become human.

This is NOT your normal, run of the mill animated movie. Its one hell of a tough sell for mainstream kids and adults wanting to see you usual Disney fare. That being said, I really enjoyed the movie. Its weird and very foreign, but very well done. The animation seemed so simple, yet perfectly done. There really isn't too much more that can be said about this movie.

I'd have to know who I was recommending this movie to specifically in order to decide whether to say yay or nay. Its not a simple animated movie. It has in depth themes and foreign ways of translating them that handicap me from doing so. I happen to love it though.