Julie & Julia

Meryl Streep is Julia Child and Amy Adams is Julie Powell in writer-director Nora Ephron's adaptation of two bestselling memoirs: Powell's "Julie & Julia" and "My Life in France," by Julia Child with Alex Prud’homme. Based on two true stories, Julie & Julia intertwines the lives of two women who, though separated by time and space, are both at loose ends...until they discover that with the right combination of passion, fearlessness and butter, anything is possible.

This was a very simple, enjoyable movie. On a side note, I have never watched anything that has made me so hungry in all my life. Seriously. I was ready to start gnawing on my own arm while watching this with all the delicious looking cooking. Anywho, the movie wasn't necessarily a chick flick. Pretty much anyone can enjoy this as long as you don't expect some sort of an eye-opening biographical thing. Meryl Streep will no doubt be nominated for an academy award as she was perfect playing Julia Child. Amy Adams was a little over the top whiny at times but represented the world of blogging quite well. I would have to say that was one of my favorite parts of the movie with her and her husband debating about her "readers". How many are there? How much do they care? I found it all very accurate and funny when related to blogging.

I would definitely recommend people checking this out. Its not a must see by any means but is a pretty enjoyable visit to the theaters.