Water For Elephants




  • During the Great Depression, Jacob, a penniless and recently-orphaned veterinary school student, parlays his expertise with animals into a job with a second-rate traveling circus. He falls in love with Marlena, one of the show's star performers, but their romance is complicated by Marlena's husband, the charismatic but unbalanced circus boss.

  • I've heard for a while now how great the book is that this movie was based on. Don't know if reading the book would have made this better or worse, but it was a MAJOR snooze fest. I was pretty much bored right from the start. I didnt't feel emotionally hooked by any of the characters or the story. By the halfway point, the movie was nothing more than background noise while I played games on my phone.

  • I wouldn't recommend anyone wasting their time or money on this movie. Unless you need a nap inducing movie.