The Wolverine


Based on the celebrated comic book arc, this epic action-adventure takes Wolverine (Hugh Jackman), the most iconic character of the X-Men universe, to modern day Japan. Out of his depth in an unknown world, he will face a host of unexpected and deadly opponents in a life-or-death battle that will leave him forever changed. Vulnerable for the first time and pushed to his physical and emotional limits, he confronts not only lethal samurai steel but also his inner struggle against his own immortality.

At first I was kind of not enjoying this movie.  I wasn't too familiar with the comic book arc or the area that the story was taking place in.  On top of that, the pacing was really slow.  After a little bit, it picked up big time and ended up being a great ride with well developed characters with great chemistry.  While some people may think this is getting stale at this point, I still think Hugh Jackman cast as Wolverine is one of the best casting calls of all time.  He still has the ability to carry this character and the movies and I enjoyed this one a lot more than the X-Men: Origins offering a few years back.

I would recommend people checking this out.  I wouldn't say it's a must see but it was more than entertaining enough to get my recommendation.