Brick Mansions


In a dystopian Detroit, abandoned brick mansions left from better times now house only the most dangerous criminals. Unable to control the crime, the police constructed a colossal containment wall around this area to protect the rest of the city. Undercover cop Damien Collier (Paul Walker) is determined to bring his father’s killer, Tremaine (RZA) to justice and every day is a battle against corruption. For Lino (David Belle), every day is a fight to live an honest life. Their paths never should have crossed, but when Tremaine kidnaps Lino’s girlfriend, Damien reluctantly accepts the help of the fearless ex-convict, and together they must stop a sinister plot to devastate the entire city. 

This movie was surprisingly more watchable than I thought it would be.  I expected it to be more of a straight to dvd release that ended up getting a wide release because of Paul Walker's death and that is exactly what it was, but since I did watch this at home and not pay or go to a theater for it like I'm sure it was meant to be watched it was actually a decent watch.  The action and chases were good.  It was pretty much a lower budget Fast & Furious.  Cheesy dialogue, acting, and characters with a quick paced and simple story filled with lots of action.  

I would somewhat recommend people checking this out.  Like I said - I doubt I would have liked it nearly as much if I went to theaters for this, but it was a much more enjoyable movie that I thought it would be.