X-Men: Days Of Future Past


The ultimate X-Men ensemble fights a war for the survival of the species across two time periods in X-Men: Days of Future Past. The beloved characters from the original "X-Men" film trilogy join forces with their younger selves from "X-Men: First Class," in an epic battle that must change the past – to save our future.

I thought this movie was awesome.  I was very glad that they spent much more time with the cast from First Class than the earlier X-Men movies.  I just enjoy McAvoy and Fassbender much more as Professor X and Magneto.  The back and forth was great.  The working in of other mutants with the future battles against the Sentinels was awesome action/effects.  Yes - there are going to be many that question the timeline of the X-Men movies and where the hell everything stands after the end of this movie, but I have zero desire to get into that.  There was more than enough of an effort towards continuity that made sense while watching this movie.  I don't want to ruin that by thinking "wait a minute . . . . . ."  

I would definitely recommend people checking this out.  Again - they will drive you nuts if you decide to go down the road of figuring out the entire timeline of the X-Men movies.  But if you are able to turn that off or leave it alone and just enjoy the ride that this movie is - you'll love it.  It's not as good as First Class, but I would put it on par with X2 which is my second favorite movie in the franchise.