A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood


Tom Hanks is attached to star as Fred Rogers of "Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood," the pioneering children’s television series from The Fred Rogers Company that is celebrating its 50th Anniversary this year. The film is inspired by a real-life friendship between Fred Rogers and award-winning journalist Tom Junod. In the heart-warming story, a cynical journalist begrudgingly accepts an assignment to write a profile piece on the beloved icon and finds his perspective on life transformed. Rhys will play Junod the award-winning journalist whose real-life friendship with Rogers inspired the film.

You know when there are movies that somehow massively connect with your hear but you can't really put your finger on why or how?  This was one of those movies for me.  I was completely mesmerized by it but can't include in this review why.  In all honesty - the more time that went by after seeing it the more I realized that I liked it.  This movie has a shot to be on my top ten list at the end of the year because of how much it unexplainably connected with me.

I would absolutely recommend people checking this out.  It really was like Mr. Rogers helping adults cope with or deal with things like he had always helped children do.