Harriet


Based on the thrilling and inspirational life of an iconic American freedom fighter, Harriet tells the extraordinary tale of Harriet Tubman's escape from slavery and transformation into one of America’s greatest heroes. Her courage, ingenuity, and tenacity freed hundreds of slaves and changed the course of history.

I was kind of disappointed by this movie.  I have always been attached to the story of Harriet Tubman because when in college for elementary education I built an entire semester around curriculum having to do with her.  And I won't say this movie was bad because it wasn't.  It just didn't have the necessary hook to get you angry like you should when watching a movie about slavery.  I felt like a lot of heartstrings and punches were avoided and if they weren't this could have been an awesome movie.

I would somewhat recommend people checking this out.  Its not a bad watch by any means.  I just think it could have been so much better and more powerful like it should have been.