Dear Evan Hansen


Evan Hansen is an anxious, isolated high-school student who's aching for understanding and belonging amid the chaos and cruelty of the social media age. He soon embarks on a journey of self-discovery when a letter he wrote for a writing exercise falls into the hands of a grieving couple whose son took his own life.

Few musicals have ever owned my heart as much as this one did.  I have been waiting for this movie for years and heard all bad reviews - which I expected.  I very much enjoyed the movie though.  I don't care that Ben Platt is too old to play a high schooler.  He is Evan Hansen.  I don't care that he is more of the villain in this story to the common eye.  I totally understand that those who are not as aware of mental health issues or don't have anxiety or don't have depression not getting this but I'm not one of those people.  I identify with so much of this on so many levels and I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.

If you saw the musical and are a fan - go see the movie.  It is not as good.  How could it be?  But I still found it to be a great watch.