Deja Vu

Everyone has experienced the unsettling mystery of déjà vu. But what if the feelings were actually warnings sent from the past or clues to the future? In this action-thriller from producer Jerry Bruckheimer, it is déjà vu that unexpectedly guides ATF agent Doug Carlin (Denzel Washington) through an investigation into a shattering crime. Called in to recover evidence after a bomb sets off on a New Orleans Ferry, Carlin is about to discover that what most people believe is only in their heads is actually something far more powerful and will lead him on a race to save hundreds of innocent people.

I'm not going to pretend that I understood what was going on throughout this movie. I was totally lost for a big chunk of it. That being said - what makes or breaks movies like this is their ability to keep the viewer hooked/patient while the filmmakers bring us up to speed. This movie pulled that off magnificently. Like I said - I had no clue what was going on for a while, but I wanted to find out. Even better yet - when it did all get tied together at the end, I was happy with the end result. If it seems like I'm being a little too vague about the movie - I am. This is one of those where you can't say too much without giving it away. The bottom line is that it's worth the confusing ride.

I would fully recommend this movie to everyone. Just keep in mind that you might have no clue what you are watching for a while.