The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause

Tim Allen is back in his role of Scott Calvin - AKA Santa - in The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause. In this one, he is up against Jack Frost (Martin Short), who is trying to take over the holiday. At the same time, he has invited his in-laws to share in the holiday festivities, at the risk of revealing the location of the north pole, and upcoming birth of baby Claus because he wants his wife to feel less disconnected from her family.

As I mentioned in my review of Flushed Away, there are movies that I refer to as STVs (Straight To Video) and even though this isn't an animated movie, this is definitely one of them. Disney was basically just making this movie for the sake of getting an extra 100 million dollars out of the movie going public. There really is no reason to go see this in theaters unless you have a child that wants to see it and are okay with spending the money and time to take them. I didn't even leave the movie having that feel good Christmas feeling. My future stepdaughter wasn't even close to gushing about it on the way out. That speaks volumes, people!

Side note from my afianced movie going partner . . . . . we shall call her Wonder Woman . . . . . . . What is the deal with Christmas movies coming out the first weekend of November? Is this movie even going to be in theaters near Christmas? Is this movie even going to be in theaters come December? Why does Hollywood always release these holiday themed movies so early? I would think that a Thanksgiving release would do a little better, no?

Thanks for that rant, WW!! Regardless, I wouldn't really recommend anyone rushing to the theaters to see this one. Kids might like it, but even that isn't guaranteed. I would wait for next November to rent this one instead.