The King's Speech

Based on the true story of the Queen of England's father and his remarkable friendship with maverick Australian speech therapist Lionel Logue. The King's Speech stars Colin Firth as King George VI, who unexpectedly becomes King when his brother Edward abdicates the throne. Geoffrey Rush stars as Logue, the man who helps the King find a voice with which to lead the nation into war.

I fully expected this to be the movie for this year that everyone raves about and I feel as if its a well made movie but just kind of there. I saw the trailer and couldn't for the life of me see how enthralling a movie about a guy getting his stutter straightened out could be. I was very very wrong. I loved this movie. The performances were amazing. The friendship was beyond genuine and entertaining to watch. Never did I imagine that build up to making a speech could hook me this much. This movie will absolutely be nominated for Best Picture and numerous acting nods and it should be.

I would absolutely recommend people checking this movie out. These kinds of movies are usually never up my alley of interest but this one was a great watch.