Contraband


Chris Farraday (Wahlberg) long ago abandoned his life of crime, but after his brother-in-law, Andy (Caleb Landry Jones), botches a drug deal for his ruthless boss, Tim Briggs (Giovanni Ribisi), Chris is forced back into doing what he does best--running contraband--to settle Andy's debt. Chris is a legendary smuggler and quickly assembles a crew with the help of his best friend, Sebastian (Ben Foster), to head to Panama and return with millions in counterfeit bills.  Things quickly fall apart and with only hours to reach the cash, Chris must use his rusty skills to successfully navigate a treacherous criminal network of brutal drug lords, cops and hit men before his wife, Kate (Kate Beckinsale), and sons become their target.

I am still not sure how to feel about this movie. It was definitely a decent watch but I felt disappointed because of the amount of action that was advertised. The movie was more of a drama/intrigue type of movie than an action movie. Yet there really were not any curves you don't see coming so that kind of took away from that.

I would lukewarmly recommend this movie. It is a decent watch and I still can't wrap my head around Mark Wahlberg having become a legit actor. But I think I had higher expectations for it.