The Ten Worst Movies Of 2011

Dishonorable Mention - Footloose

The only thing that kept this from being legitamitely in the Bottom 10 is that it also happened to be the most fun movie going experience of the year.  If it wasn't for the friends that we saw this with and ragging on the movie throughout - I probably would have walked out on possibly the worst remake of an iconic classic.

10.  The Darkest Hour

Had my list all made and then saw this absurd downward spiral of a movie about some sort of an electric end of the world assault.  It was watchable for the first half but then had people who somehow turned their houses in to farraday cages in 5 days, cats with wired suits and army guys wearing key vests.  I wish that I was kidding about all of this.

9.  30 Seconds Or Less

This is going to be on that list of horrible post Oscar nomination career choices.  How does someone come off of The Social Network to star in this?   And how does something with this much comedic talent in the cast end up like a really bad tv pilot that would have trouble getting picked up by any network?

8.  Sanctum

This was the most boring "action" movie I've ever seen.  These people are stuck in a cave trying to get out and I was fighting off falling asleep. 

7.  The Tree Of Life

This snoozefest keeps showing up on most critics Top 10 lists and is alot of their number one overall.  I don't get it.  I don't get why critics love Terrance Mallick so much.  This guy could put a 7 year old hopped up on Red Bull to sleep with his boring ass movies.  He literally films blades of grass blowing back and forth for like 10 minutes.  I can't stand this guy's movies.

6.  Apollo 18

When movies get pushed back over and over again there is usually a reason why.  I'm pretty sure that this movie was originally supposed to come out in 2010.  Got pushed to February 2011, then April 2011 and then September (the biggest wasteland of movie releases) 2011.  This was total garbage.  I liked the premise and it might have been okay if they followed the specific camera shots like the Paranormal Activity franchise.  But the random camera shots popping up just made it sillier and sillier.

5.  Shark Night

You can't just have sharks attack people anymore?  Even absurdly in a lake?  No - they had to have a bunch of hillbillies that groom the sharks and lure people there for them to kill . . . . . to put on the internet.  Oh - and tehy made it in 3D.  Total garbage.

4.  Sucker Punch

I was hoping that this would be one of the better wannabe 300 movies.  I was wrong.  The whole movie was all imaginary.  All the kick ass fighting and what not was in their heads while the girl danced the guards in to some kind of a hypnotized state.  Again - wish I was kidding here. It was so grossly overacted.  All we did was make fun of it from beginning to end. 

3.  A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas

This is really a 3 movie franchise at this point?  A franchise with a Christmas entry AND 3D effects?  Unreal.  Do I really need to go in to detail of what garbage this was? 

2.  Spy Kids: All The Time In The World

This is really a 4 movie franchise at this point?  And 3D isn't enough . . . . they needed to try and bring back scratch and sniff too?  Just watch the first 10 minutes of the movie.  I dare you.  If you can make it through Jessica Alba being pregnant and fighting off a bunch of bad guys, you are a more patient person than me.  This being a kids franchise does not excuse something this horrible.

1.  Nicolas Cage in . . . . . . . . (Drive Angry/Season Of The Witch/Trespass)

What is the f'n deal with this guy!?!  Does he purposely look for the worst possible movies.  I sat through all three of these movies (well - 2 1/2 because I couldn't make it past the first 1/3 of Drive Angry) with a look of disgust on my face from beginning to end.  The only good Nicolas Cage thing that came out of this year was catcing SNL making fun of him on one of their episodes.