The Grey


In The Grey, Liam Neeson leads an unruly group of oil-rig roughnecks when their plane crashes into the remote Alaskan wilderness. Battling mortal injuries and merciless weather, the survivors have only a few days to escape the icy elements and a vicious pack of rogue wolves on the hunt before their time runs out.

This movie was a pretty decent watch.  I have to be honest.  This is one of the most overadvertised movies I can ever remember and I'm so relieved that it's finally in theaters.  I feel like I have seen the trailer for this movie before every movie I've seen in the last 2-3 months.  As you can tell from the blog - that's ALOT of trailer views.  There were many, many times throughout the movie where I felt like I had already seen it because of how many times I viewed the trailer.  And the fact that it was one of those "you see the trailer - you've seen the movie" type of movies didn't really help either.  Regardless of my rant, the movie was definitely watchable from that struggling to survive type of mentality.  It was too melodramatic though and way too long.  If they could have cut this down to 90 minutes and more tension instead of the day dreaming stuff, I probably would have liked it a lot more. 

I would somewhat recommend this movie.  Again, it wasn't a necessarily bad watch, but if you've see the ads - you have seen the movie.