Charlotte's Web

The classic story comes to life in this live-action adaptation. Fern (Dakota Fanning) raises a pig named Wilbur, the runt of the litter. As Wilbur moves into a new barn, he begins a second profound friendship with the most unlikely of creatures – a spider named Charlotte – and their bond inspires the animals around them to come together as a family. When the word gets out that Wilbur's days are numbered, it seems that only a miracle will save his life. A determined Charlotte spins words into her web in an effort to convince the farmer that Wilbur is "some pig" and worth saving.

I couldn't wait to see this movie and I'm thinking that I let my expectations get the best of me. I was pretty disappointed in this movie and I really don't know why. It's not that the movie was poop or anything. I just basically didn't care about what was going on. In movies like this - there is supposed to be that emotional hook that grabs you, won't let go, and makes you leave feeling good. I wasn't hooked. That being said - my future stepdaughter and her best friend liked the movie a lot so maybe this is just one of those movies that is a lot more for kids than one of those movies that reach both the adults and the kids. Or maybe it was just Wonder Woman and I being too tired to truly enjoy the movie? I'm really not sure what to tell you here, people. Sorry.

Regardless, I would definitely recommend this movie to anyone with children because they seemed to like it. As for the adults - this might be one of those movies where you could grab a quick cat nap while the kids are distracted.