The Nativity Story

The Nativity Story chronicles the journey of Mary and Joseph and the birth of Jesus. Pretty simple summary on this one, people.

I'm going to pray to God that I don't get struck by lightning while reviewing this movie, but I think it would be worse to lie about it. This movie was horrible. Nice - no lightning. I guess even our Lord realizes how poopish this film was. I can't remember the last time that a movie dragged as slow as this one did. And it was about the birth of Christ! How can you make that story be this boring? And I still can't get over how the filmmakers decided to make the three wisemen be like the three stooges. It seemed like they were actually inserted in to the movie for comic relief. HELLO!?! One of the things that I had the hardest time wrapping my head around was that almost every major character was played by an actor or actress who has played a terrorist on tv against Jack Bauer on 24 or in a movie in the last year. I think that Osama Bin Laden might have actually been the guy that offered them the manger. Whew! Still no lightning.

All kidding aside though - I sadly - very very sadly - wouldn't recommend this movie to anyone. Especially not those who put religion at a premium because the movie really comes across as insulting and boring.