August Rush

A charismatic young Irish guitarist (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) and a sheltered young cellist (Keri Russell) have a chance encounter one magical night above New York's Washington Square, but are soon torn apart, leaving in their wake an infant, orphaned by circumstance. Years later, performing on the streets of New York and cared for by a mysterious stranger (Robin Williams) who gives him the name August Rush, the child (Freddie Highmore) uses his remarkable musical talent to seek the parents from whom he was separated at birth.

Its kind of tough to review this movie. Ultimately, I ended up really liking it and it was a great feel good movie. The ending was beautifully crafted and brought together so well. Unfortunately, there were many points during the movie that I was bored out of my mind during. However, there was something that kept telling me to be patient and I'm very glad that I wasn't and didn't annoyingly start campaigning to pull the plug on the movie and go home. Freddie Highmore is a great child actor. He really makes you feel what he's going through excellently. Hell, I started thinking the people really were his parents.

I would recommend people checking this out. Its a feel good movie, but definitely be warned that its sometimes very slow paced. Its totally worth it in the end.