Juno

Juno stars Ellen Page as the title character, a wiseass teen confronting an unplanned pregnancy by her classmate Bleeker (Cera). With the help of her friend Leah (Thirlby), Juno finds her unborn child a "perfect" set of parents: an affluent suburban couple, Mark and Vanessa (Bateman and Garner), longing to adopt. Luckily, Juno has the total support of her parents (Simmons and Janney) as she faces some tough decisions, flirts with adulthood and ultimately figures out where she belongs.

This movie is a perfect example of what happens when you hear too much about a movie before seeing it. I found myself uncontrollably thinking that this movie wasn't as great as everyone had said it was the entire time. I thought that Ellen Page was great and some of her one-liners were hysterical, but that this was nowhere near top ten status like most critics said. It was cute. It was really funny for a while but then spiralled in to a big drama for a while and that sort of killed it for me.

I don't really know whether or not to recommend this movie because my opinion was definitely effected by all the rave reviews I had heard. It's quirky. It's cute at times. I just didn't think it was that great.