The Haunting In Connecticut

The Haunting in Connecticut charts one family's terrifying, real-life encounter with the dark forces of the supernatural. When the Campbell family moves to upstate Connecticut, they soon learn that their charming Victorian home has a disturbing history: not only was the house a transformed funeral parlor where inconceivable acts occurred, but the owner's clairvoyant son Jonah served as a demonic messenger, providing a gateway for spiritual entities to crossover. Now unspeakable terror awaits, when Jonah, the boy who communicated with the dead, returns to unleash a new kind of horror on the innocent and unsuspecting family.

I thnk this is one of those movies that suffered from me having too high expectations. This movie looked creepy as hell in the preview. I mean the preview alone was scaring the hell out of me. So I was pretty psyched to see this. Unfortunately, the movie was no so scary. It came together really well at the end surprisingly. Usually with recent horror movies, I like them at the start and they completely screw the pooch at the end. This one was kind of opposite. I liked how it all tied up but it felt like it was taking forever to get there. I was actually pretty damn bored during the first hour of this. I think that the level of boredom I had really diminished whatever creepiness/scariness there might have been.

I wouldn't recommend that anyone rush out to see this. It wasn't absolutely horrid and ended up being pretty decent but it took too long to play out.