The Lovely Bones

Based on the critically acclaimed best-selling novel by Alice Sebold, and directed by Peter Jackson, The Lovely Bones centers on a young girl who has been murdered and watches over her family – and her killer – from heaven. She must weigh her desire for vengeance against her desire for her family to heal.

I was very disappointed by this movie. Its not that the movie was bad. I just think that I let my hopes get the best of me after loving the book so much. I found myself questioning why they decided to film things a certain way. I kept questioning their casting choices. It all pretty much ruined the movie for me. The only thing that I really loved about it was Stanley Tucci as the murderer. He was creepy as hell and perfectly cast. Outside of that - not really thrilled with too much of this movie at all.

I wouldn't really recommend anyone checking this out. If you havn't read the book there will be plenty of times where you are asking what the . . . . ? If you have read the book you will probably feel the same as me.