Divergent

 
Divergent is an action-adventure film set in a world where people are divided into distinct factions based on human virtues. Tris Prior (Shailene Woodley) is warned she is Divergent and will never fit into any one group. When she discovers a conspiracy by a faction leader (Kate Winslet) to destroy all Divergents, Tris must learn to trust in the mysterious Four (Theo James) and together they must find out what makes being Divergent so dangerous before it's too late.

I read these books and was very psyched for the movie.  I have to say that I thought that they did a really good job of getting it from the pages on to the screen.  They made little tweaks here and there, but they were not too major and the tinkering with the end I actually liked better than the one in the book.  I like Shailene Woodley alot and think she is pretty much the next Jennifer Lawrence.   I wouldn't say that the movie is on a level with Hunger Games in terms of mass appeal because it is more young adultish than that.  The acting was pretty lame at times.  That being said - it is MUCH better than Twilight and other young adult fare.

I would still recommend people checking this out.  The books are very enjoyable so far and even though it had an excessive running time of almost 2 1/2 hours, I didn't really feel it for the most part.