Winter's Tale


Set in a mythic New York City and spanning more than a century, Winter's Tale is a story of miracles, crossed destinies, and the age-old battle between good and evil. Based on the acclaimed novel by Mark Helprin.

This movie was way different than what I expected.  I thought it would be a fluffy romance movie but it was about love and the forces of good and evil fighting/helping people find their way with miracles and wishes.  Seriously.  There was some surprisingly deep stuff in this movie.  The only knock I can make against it is that it's a tale of two stories and I was very hooked by the first one and was turned off when they totally switched gears and moved to the second one.  And even though I did like how it all played out there was a big loss of momentum with the time jump/story switch.

I liked this movie because of how different it was from your normal fluffy romance.  The spiritual portion of it all gave it a much fresher and different feel.