Moonlight


Moonlight is the tender, heartbreaking story of a young man's struggle to find himself, told across three defining chapters in his life as he experiences the ecstasy, pain, and beauty of falling in love, while grappling with his own sexuality.  Anchored by astonishing performances and the singular vision of filmmaker Barry Jenkins, Moonlight is a groundbreaking exploration of masculinity-a sensual, intoxicating piece of cinema that uncovers deep truths about the moments that define us, the people who shape us most, and the ache of love that can last a lifetime.

Every year there is always one move that comes out around award season that I know is artistically excellent and worthy of praise but I'm bored out of my mind while watching it.  This was that movie for 2016.  I know it was great movie.  I know it was well done.  But I was struggling to stay awake watching it and was not hooked by it no matter how much I really wanted to be.  It also doesn't help that I had heard such great things about this movie before finally seeing it because I have no doubt that altered my viewing of it as well.

I would sort of recommend people checking this out - especially if you want to be able to compare all of the heavily nominated movies.  I know that this was a very well done movie.  I just didn't enjoy it as much as I had hoped.