Silence


Martin Scorsese’s Silence tells the story of two Christian missionaries (Andrew Garfield and Adam Driver) who face the ultimate test of faith when they travel to Japan in search of their missing mentor (Liam Neeson) – at a time when Christianity was outlawed and their presence forbidden. The celebrated director's 28-year journey to bring Shusaku Endo’s 1966 acclaimed novel to life will be in theaters this Christmas.

Easily one of the longest feeling movies I have ever watched.  The actual run time was 2 hours and 45 minutes but I felt like I was just watching this all day.  I'm not saying it's bad.  It's actually a pretty good movie for the most part and easily the best acting of Andrew Garfield's career by far.  But I cannot stress how long this movie felt.  If I would have seen this in theaters I don't think I ever would have made it.  

On quality - I do recommend the movie.  However, unless you have pretty much a whole day to give to it I don't know that many will be seeing this.